Friday, January 11, 2008

Obsess Much?

So, I'm a little obsessive, its true... In fact, I'd probably say that I'm 95.3% sure that I'm 24.3% over obsessing 85.6% of the time. I value consistency and completeness over all other virtues, including beauty, truth, and freedom.

So a project isn't right unless it exhausts me. A project probably still isn't right then. A project should definitely take in excess of 3 days to have any merit, even if the project is changing a light bulb.

Therefore, it is with great excitement on my part, and great trepidation on my wife's part, that we've decided to completely overhaul the Dining Room this winter/spring. We're stripping all the finishes, doing plaster repair, repainting, replacing light fixtures, possibly grounding some outlets, building window screens, refinishing furniture, and other stuff.

So, in order to make our way through the long prep period that will precede any cool work, we're going to carefully dream about and decide on the finished product. Not jump to any rash decisions, you know?

Here's an initial stab at colors for the room... Saddle Brown for the Dining Room and eventually Smoldering Red for the Kitchen beyond... All trim and ceilings to be White. Thoughts?

And if your comment revolves around the fact that I picked Smoldering Red simply for the name?...

You're totally right.

Also, we at the House Rules only use Benjamin Moore paint for our projects. First because the paint is better, Second because their color selection system is great, and Third because they give me a Designer discount.

That said, we HATE the Glenside Benjamin Moore location. We will only be using the Chestnut Hill location from now on.