Thursday, June 2, 2011

Stinkbug Eradication Techniques II

Stinkbugs!

They're still in the news and they're still all over our houses.  The House Rules post on Stink Bug Eradication Techniques has been, by leaps and bounds, the most popular post in our brief history.  But a number of readers who come to the site looking for helpful information on eradicating these nuisances are always quite perturbed when no offer is given.  The comments full of vitriol are enough to make you wonder why a stinkbug would WANT to hang out in these folks' houses.  (I guess its somewhat understandable given that it is the third or fourth hit on google when searching "Stinkbug Eradication" or "Stinkbug Extermination".  Popularity does not necessarily equal intellectual content, folks.  In fact, there is usually a reverse corollary.   Alas, popularity comes with a price.)

But now, I think I finally have a real eradication technique for the big whiners out there.  Personally, I thought the idea to eat them was highly effective, but it did lack a simple harvesting method, which the following video also covers...



You can also see the same trap here on WJAC TV out of western PA. This is of course big news in Johnstown.
http://www.wjactv.com/video/28028425/index.html

Meanwhile we're dealing with this crap in Philly...



I briefly thought this might make Johnstown look pretty damn good right about now.  But then I realized I'd rather die by homeless stabbing than boredom.  So I'll stick around here for a bit longer.