Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Clayhaus Ceramics

I want to live in a house where this would make sense.

Unfortunately, our house is not mid-century modern.  But someone out there has got to find a place for this tile in their house.  It's from Clayhaus Ceramics and like most cool tile, I'm sure it's hella expensive.

The thing with stuff that I should be able to afford but can't is that it brings out my intense stealing temptation.  It's like there's a little dude whispering in my ear, "See that cool wooden carved entablature on the porch of that antique store for $230 dollars?"

I respond, "Yeah, sigh.  It's really cool."

Little dude whispers conspiratorially, "It could be yours for only $80." 

"Huh?  How does that work?", I question. 

Dude smugly replies,  "That's the cost of the counseling session you'll need if you actually go through with stealing it... and let's be frank, you're really only seconds away from doing that whether I'm here or not."

Total depravity, kids.  That's why I believe in it.  Even though I'm well off enough to save for stupid things I really don't need, I am almost constantly overcome with the urge to steal them instead.  My wife knows about this. When we pass a landscaping/garden center with all those delectable shrubs and perrenials just sitting there unguarded at twilight, she usually whispers, "Eyes Front.  Pay attention to the Road."  Stupid moral code.