Thursday, April 14, 2011

Colorcharts.org

I've referenced colorcharts.org before, but it bears repeating now that we've discovered the cost/quality/time benefits of Behr Premium Plus Paint.

If you (or your daughter Dakota or your son unfortunately named Chad or Ian) simply must have the "Pretty as a Princess" color by Disney* (through Behr paints)...
But you have a coupon for Sherwin Williams or you really like Duron paints,  you can go to colorcharts.org.  Find the paint you want to match...

And then select, "Match this Color", and you'll get a series of different manufacturer's with a quantified score of how close their color is to the pretty pretty pretty target.
 Now, of course, you can always go to the Home Despot and just tell them to match the color.  But if you go to the one near our house, I can tell you they are not only completely unpleasant to deal with, but generally wouldn't know a  high gloss from a good high.  I don't trust em.

*Seriously though, we all know paint color names are funny.  But Disney, no matter how enamored I would ever become with my theoretical progeny, I will never paint a room in "Mickey's Pants", "Princess Power", or "Posies for Pooh".  I would advise my readers to use a matching color from colorcharts just out of principle.