Friday, April 8, 2011

Waveline and Waveline Mini from Island Stone

We're receiving tile samples for the residential project I'm working on today and the one I'm most excited to see in person is from Island Stone.  On the whole, I like their product offerings, but one drawback is that they charge Architects to order samples.  Free samples are a courtesy in the industry and I had half a mind to not use their products because of it.  Its the little things that matter...

But, my client really likes the Waveline glass tile, and the price, at least from our local distributor is a mere $7/SF.  That's cheaper than basic mosaics from the Home Despot.
 So, we'll see if the real thing matches up with the pictures, which look sweet.


They also have a "mini" version which coordinates nicely and might be better for a small accent within a larger field of plain tile...