Friday, August 29, 2008

Salmon and Marrige



Wow. I really have to say that these two VP picks will probably affect my vote. I'm not sure which way I'll sway when the dust settles, but it reveals a LOT about the Presidential candidates themselves...

Personally, in terms of who did a better job "picking", I think I'd have to go with McCain picking Palin, but I'm not sure the overall effect of the two is better than Obama picking Biden. Which leads to a question to readers... Back away from your own take on the issues themselves.

Who do you think did a better job picking a running mate based on their own views?

Who do you think increased their potential to win more based on their running mate?

In the end, I guess those questions really add up to: Is it better to select a running mate who matches you or complements you? It seems like there's always a balance between those two things. And I think the best marriages have both. So regardless of how you feel about specific issues/parties, which marriage do you think is better?

Also, this quote is great:

"We want to see Ivana [Trump]," said Palin, who admittedly smells like salmon for a large part of the summer, "because we are so desperate in Alaska for any semblance of glamour and culture."