Friday, March 11, 2011

Sanderson Wallpapers- Right in the Kisser

We were recently at my sister's house in DC where she had pulled out a bunch of wallpaper books to show to my wife.  Rach and I have often discussed wallpaper for a few rooms of our house, especially those where:

1.  We've already painted the space three times and can't find a color we both like.

2.  We've already painted but I put a hole in the wall and now we have one of her sister's paintings covering the catastrophe.

3.  We've already painted but staring at a monotone wall color from 18 inches away whilst sitting on the throne is boring.


4.  We've already painted ourselves into a corner by deciding we we can't bother to strip all the wallpaper off a space before refinishing.  (See what I did there?)

Anyways, my sister's books were of the old-school wallpaper variety: fleur de lis, brocade, watercolor-y ivy vines, etc.  Whilst that is all well and good, I figure if you're going to embrace the wallpaper, you best go big or go home.  That's why I think Sanderson wallpapers, hailing from the UK, are so awesome.  Check out these pics from their 50s collection


Makes me want to smoke a cig, swill a martini, and yell "One of these days... One of these days...  POW! Right in the kisser!"



They also have some more conservative but still cool stuff appropriate for the DC Beltway set, should you be a reader from those distant reaches.  Or my sister.