Wednesday, March 2, 2011

You got me Sprung... With Photo Evidence

Well, March is upon us, and it is surprisingly warm here in Philly.  We've been getting some pretty consistently nice days, and the thoughts of every urban gardener are turning to root division, compost, aeration, and if they're at all in the know, Russell Wholesale Gardens.   That's right, spring has sprung.

But until I get a day to travel up to that Nursery of Delights, take some photos, have a Horticultural experience,  (If reading this aloud, make sure to really drag out the "H" sound in "Horticultural" and you'll get my drift.), and post a blog about it, we'll just have to content ourselves with some photos of the emerging plant life.  The garden doesn't look like much from afar, heck even 3 feet away...


But get a little closer...




Even a little closer...




Even a little closer...





And you'll see ERUPTIONS OF VIRILE FERVOR...
Helleborus
Sedum
Bloody Sorrell
Garlic Chives
Tulip
Primrose
Columbine
Bearded Iris
 Mostly I just wanted to show off our new camera... finally I can take some decent macro shots.  Damn.  Where's my wife?